Building A Sustainable Track Surface With Beynon Sports
Protect people and the planet. That’s our sustainability commitment at Beynon Sports.
The goal of being an increasingly environmentally conscious organization has always been a key driver behind our product development and innovation objectives. Investment in sustainability has been part of our story for decades as we’ve continued to evolve as a trusted surfacing solution for countless communities of all sizes across the country.
By embodying a socially conscious design that embraces a commitment to both the environment and people, Beynon has remained focused not only on engineering solutions but also educating our customers on their benefits. We do this by harnessing the expertise of a team comprised of the world’s most respected and knowledgeable track coaches, polyurethane research chemists, and installation personnel. Their pursuit of new environmentally sensitive technology is essential to driving our field surfacing innovation.
Empowered by their insights, Beynon’s outdoor track & field and indoor fieldhouse systems are built to last and provide a surface that has unmatched durability and boasts the longest lifecycle of any sports surface on the market. The trust evoked by our track and field systems is evidenced by the over 7,500 installations in North America.
BEYNON’S MANUFACTURING SUCCESS
Fully vertically integrated, Beynon Sports is a leading producer of single and two-component polyurethane elastomers, coatings, and adhesives for sports and specialty applications. Manufactured in Maryland, Beynon products are proudly Made in America, with quality management systems certified to ISO 9001-2015.
When compared to sheet good (a prefabricated surface solution that cannot be resurfaced and is consequently disposed of) or latex systems, polyurethane offers a seamless surface with proven long-term durability, leading shock absorption, and easy maintenance.
The achievements below highlight Beynon’s unwavering dedication to innovation and sustainability:
- 2022: Awarded EcoVadis Gold medal – Tarkett Group.
- 2022: 8 systems achieve USDA Certified Biobased product certification, BioPreferred Program.
- 2013: 14 systems achieve GreenGuard Gold, UL’s highest level of certification for low air emissions.
- 2010: Designed first polyurethane athletic surfacing system to feature a biobased gel layer containing more than 50% renewable plant-based material.
- 2007: Introduced first high-performance environmentally friendly waterborne polyurethane structural spray.
- 2006: Introduced first high-performance environmentally friendly waterborne polyurethane coating.
- 2005: Designed unique thixotropic pore sealer supplied in IBC totes, eliminating the need for over 400 plastic pails per project.
STRIVING FOR A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
In addition to offering track systems that have been tested and proven at thousands of locations across the U.S., we are backed by a wide field of experts across the Tarkett Sports family. This team ensures that we not only maintain our sustainability standards but also continue to strive for the next steps in innovation. The gains made from that commitment and ambition then get passed to our customers, who reap the benefits of having sustainable, world-class track systems that will endure for decades.